WHO WE ARE
Ready for your next career move in digital marketing and AI? Believe in working smart, and want to have fun doing it? Ematic Solutions might just be the place for you!
We offer a Digital Cross-Channel Intelligence SaaS focused in maximum growth and ROI with predictable measurable results. Our goal is to make the digital marketer, smarter!
We’re a global team specialized in cross channel communication and in-channel optimization, techies, metric-obsessed marketers and data nerds who believe that AI can take digital marketing to where it has never been before. During lunch, we find ourselves talking shop, and actually enjoying it. We’re a flexible and fun team, where your good ideas can make an impact!
JOIN OUR TEAM IF YOU
- Minimum of 4 years of general corporate or technology transactions legal experience in a well-regarded law firm or technology company.
- Knowledge of various international legal and compliance topics, including capital raise, market entry, cross-border tax planning, subsidiary management, labor and employment, data privacy and security.
- Expertise in drafting, negotiating and maintaining a wide variety of commercial agreements typical to the technology sector, such as SaaS agreements, NDA’s, reseller and other channel partner agreements, and technology partnership agreements.
- Strength in planning, organization and management with a track record in handling multiple projects and initiatives.
- Legally authorised to work in and be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
- Minimum Second Upper Law degree (LLB) from a reputable university, and called to the Bar in the UK, Singapore, Malaysia or equivalent commonwealth jurisdiction.
YOUR DAY MIGHT INCLUDE
- Effectively negotiate complex legal and commercial issues in SaaS, professional services, and partner agreements in support of experienced sales teams.
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of legal matters with a team-player attitude.
- Demonstrate experienced judgment in analyzing and negotiating complex concepts, including: transfer pricing, taxation, data privacy, intellectual property ownership, limitations of liability, indemnifications, and warranties.
- Investigate areas of risk and prepare course of action / recommendations to minimize risk.
- The ability to integrate legal, business, technical, and practical analysis, and a high level of motivation, are essential and able to work closely with business leads and other support functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to facilitate successful interaction with all levels of management and staff.
- Attending to corporate matters including restructurings and secretarial support for the meetings of boards of directors and shareholders.
- Liaising with external shareholders.
- Assessing existing external counsel relationships and third-party service provider and usage throughout the region – identifying opportunities for cost savings and better risk management.
- Working closely with business leads and other support functions.
- Assist in handling various corporate legal matters, including company secretarial, privacy, IP, employment, capital raise, M&A, litigation management, and corporate governance.
- Facilitate market expansion efforts – investigate legal and regulatory requirements, secure licenses and registrations, establish and maintain corporate policies and practices consistent with local laws
- Draft, negotiate and maintain a wide variety of sales, marketing and partnership agreements.
- Staying abreast of laws across APAC related to the business, regionally throughout APAC. Facilitating training for local teams.
- Drive the continuous improvement of standard form agreements and legal processes.
WHY YOU NEED TO JOIN US
- All the perks that comes along with working in a startup and we pay competitively
- Be part of a fast-growing company that nurtures entrepreneurial nature, startup culture and wants to unlock the best version of you
- Work with a diverse team of smart people who are also fun after work
- Collaborate with a multi-national team across APAC
- Opportunity to travel for better exposure across our operating markets